Recognition Professionals International is accredited by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET) and is authorized to issue the IACET CEU.
Track your continuing education credits through your member profile. After you attend an RPI hosted event, such as a CRP course or the annual conference, your credits are automatically entered into the Professional Development module under Content & Features section in your member profile. You can also add non-RPI continuing education credits into the Professional Development module as a way to track and verify your credits toward CRP Recertification.
Calculating Continuing Education Credits
In most cases, one hour of participation on an activity counts as one credit. You’ll be amazed to find reaching 10 continuing education credits each year during your 3-year recertification period is very achievable. Often your current job responsibilities help you reach the required minimum of 30 continuing education credits which enables you to be eligible for CRP recertification.
Examples of activities to list on your form include:
- Participating in webinars and online learning courses
- Reading articles and books
- Listening to podcasts on recognition-related topics
- Attending conferences that focus on Human Resources, engagement, or recognition
- Writing articles, blogs, or employee engagement newsletter or other content
- Working on a project work such as event coordination, marketing activities, benchmarking, and budgeting related to recognition programs
- Planning, designing, developing, presenting and managing a recognition program
- Serving in a leadership role, such as mentoring another person, leading a project or chairing a committee
- Memberships in professional organizations like RPI.
Viewing your RPI Credits
- Begin by accessing the Professional Development module, simply log in to your member profile using your username and password.
- After logging in, click on Manage Profile in the upper right corner of the screen.
- From here, scroll down to the Content & Features section and click on Professional Development.
In the Professional Development area, all RPI sessions have been automatically recorded in the list. You can sort this information using different criteria, including name, activity date, and type. If you believe there are discrepancies on this list with RPI events, please contact the RPI office.
Print an Unofficial Copy of your Transcript
Click on the Print Transcript link to print or email your complete transcript. This transcript will show a cumulative record of credits earned in the last three years. Activities older than three years are automatically removed from the system.
This transcript is for reference purposes only and is not an official transcript. To obtain an official transcript contact the RPI office. Depending on the number of sessions included in the transcript, downloading this document can take a few minutes.
Adding an Entry
Credits from non-RPI programs and activities
- To add continuing education credits obtained from non-RPI programs and activities click on Add Entry on the Journal Entries tab.
Please note: Do not use this link for any RPI events that are not listed. If you attended an RPI event and it is not showing in your list of credits, please contact the RPI office.
- A pop-up screen will appear. Complete all of the fields that apply to the program or activity. Fields marked with a red asterisk are required.
- Is this entry for a Certificate or Program? - Leave as "yes."
- Certification/Program - Select "Continuing Education Credits."
- Credit Type - There are several types listed. Select the most appropriate credit type from the drop-down menu. For example, if the event you attended was a regional conference, you would select "CEU-Regional."
Please note: Only add non-RPI credits. Never use the RPI credit types. All RPI events are added automatically.
- Entry Date - Enter the date the event occurred.
- Description - Include a brief description of the activity, event, or program.
- Credits - Enter the total number of credits received at the event you attended. One credit equals one full hour of professional development.
- Credits Expire - List the expiration date of credits you received. If there is no expiration date, enter a date that is three years from the date the event was held. Based on Certified Recognition Professionals Recertification requirements, all continuing education credits are set to expire in three years. After three years, the credits will remain in your Professional Development listings, but can't be used towards CRP Recertification.
- Score - Enter your score, if applicable.
- Activity Code - If your event includes an activity code, include it here. If there isn't one, use the date you achieved the credit (example: 2014-02-05).
- Attachments - Upload your proof of attendance here. This can include a certificate of participation or an agenda from the event. Acceptable file types are .doc, .docx and .pdf.
- Submit - After all of these items have been entered, click on Submit. The event should now show in your Professional Development listing. (You may have to refresh your screen for it to appear.)
Printing Your Continuing Education Certificate
- In the Professional Development section of your member profile, click on the Certifications/Programs tab.
- Click on the icon next to RPI Continuing Education Certification.
- Click on Print in the dialog box that appears.
Please note: If you have obtained general RPI credits, the status may show as incomplete. This does not reflect your original certification or recertification status. Instead it is a system program requirement. If you have questions about any of your continuing education credits, please contact the RPI office.