For more than 20 years, Recognition Professionals International (RPI) has been the independent authority and voice in driving employee engagement through a recognition strategy based on research, practice and standards.
We believe that employee performance is the key to success for any organization. We know, based on extensive research, that employee performance is enhanced by systematic employee recognition, which is defined as the acknowledgement of individual and team behavior that supports an organization’s goals and values.
The purposes of the RPI Best Practice Standards® program are to:
- Establish objective standards for evaluating employee recognition programs;
- Recognize organizations that successfully implement recognition programs; and,
- Provide illustrations of recognition RPI Best Practice Standards® with RPI’s membership.
The RPI Best Practice Standards® Awards honors organizations who implement the RPI Best Practice Standards®, which are based on knowledge gained from academic literature, professional conferences, and shared experiences in developing successful recognition
programs. Standards are designed to be useful for the creation and evaluation of recognition programs in the public and private sectors, large and small organizations, and organizations with single or multiple locations or functions.
seven RPI Best Practice Standards®:
There are seven RPI Best Practice Standards®:
- Standard 1: Recognition Strategy
- Standard 2: Management Responsibility
- Standard 3: Recognition Program Measurement
- Standard 4: Communication Plan
- Standard 5: Recognition Training
- Standard 6: Recognition Events and Celebrations
- Standard 7: Program Change and Flexibility