RPI’s Annual Recognition Day: March 3, 2017
For more than 20 years now, there has been a designated day for making sure workers feel valued. Employee Appreciation Day began in 1995, and generally is celebrated on the first Friday of March. It’s a designated time to say thank you and offer a reward to valued employees.
5 ways you can recognize employees:
- Ask an employee to write down six ways they would like to be rewarded. Anything goes. The only rule is that half the ideas need to be low cost or no cost.
- Schedule lunch dates with employees. Give them an opportunity to select the luncheon site, and use the time to simply get to know them better.
- Offer a free one-year subscription to an employee’s favorite business magazine and have it sent to their home.
- Consider a gift certificate entitling an employee to lunch with you or another mentor of his/her choosing for the purpose of being coached on one or more topics.
- Offer a shopping spree to a local supply store for an employee to get items (no staplers or paper clips allowed) to personalize his/her office or cubicle.
>> Find out more about Recognition Day
Listen to the Employee Recognition Webinar Here